My Teaching Philosophy

About Me

My name is Allie Wilson. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a concentration in history. I am excited to graduate and move forward because I love history and I can't wait to teach it to children one day. I want to make learning fun for children and I want their environment in the classroom to be positive. I am looking forward to getting into the classroom and helping students succeed!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cultural in the Classroom

As a student in college, I learned just how many cultures are out there and how they influence education. As a history teacher, I think it is important to teach about different cultures. Students need to learn early that cultural is an important part of life. Teaching the differences in the world will make my students better. If they start learning about cultures before I did then maybe the world after high school will not be such a shock. There are so much to cultures that people are not aware of. I believe that teachers should be sensitive to different cultures and should teach that everyone is different and that is okay. I want to expose my students early to the differences in the world. I may just be a history teacher but using technology, news, and my experiences I can help make my students better people.

No comments:

Post a Comment