My Teaching Philosophy

About Me

My name is Allie Wilson. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a concentration in history. I am excited to graduate and move forward because I love history and I can't wait to teach it to children one day. I want to make learning fun for children and I want their environment in the classroom to be positive. I am looking forward to getting into the classroom and helping students succeed!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

History and Today's News

As a history teacher news is very important. In class I will be teaching about the past. The past is very important for knowing why things are they way they are today. I want students to be actively involved in the news today. Some days, I will want to start classes by reading newspapers, websites, magazines, or whatever else I can get my hands on. As a student, I remember teachers starting off with the news of the day. I think that is vital in making students into better people. If they know what is going on in the world then they will be involved in the world. Many students never turn on the news and I want my students in my classes to know what is going on, if not for their own good, if for the good of others. History is important to learn about so we don't repeat the past. Learning today's news will help students connect what we are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment