My Teaching Philosophy

About Me

My name is Allie Wilson. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a concentration in history. I am excited to graduate and move forward because I love history and I can't wait to teach it to children one day. I want to make learning fun for children and I want their environment in the classroom to be positive. I am looking forward to getting into the classroom and helping students succeed!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teachers are Important

As a student you never realize how important teachers really are. Teaching was a job I thought I always wanted to be apart of but I now see that there is so much more to it than standing at the board and teaching subjects. As a teacher I want learning to be fun and I want my students to enjoy learning as much as I do. As a teacher I want all students to have equal opportunities and be allowed to reach their full potential. As a history teacher I will teach students about their past and that it is all important. I want to incorporate technology, projects, and most of all fun. History can be so boring and my hope is to help students see that it really can be interesting. Teaching is one of the most important jobs besides parenting. Most times teachers are with these children as much, and if not more, than their parents, and we have such a wonderful opportunity to make an impact. Teaching is a learning process for teachers too. If we are not learning and changing then we are doing our students no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment