My Teaching Philosophy

About Me

My name is Allie Wilson. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a concentration in history. I am excited to graduate and move forward because I love history and I can't wait to teach it to children one day. I want to make learning fun for children and I want their environment in the classroom to be positive. I am looking forward to getting into the classroom and helping students succeed!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Google

I found Google while I was a college student. I think it is a great program. Google has so much to offer. One of the biggest things is Google docs. I like Google docs because it has word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. I like Google because it is a free program. Students are always in need of a free program since students come from all different walks of life. Google docs is easy and it is accessible anywhere. I will use google docs in my classroom for certain assignments because of the accessibility and ease of it. Google also has Gmail. A student can set up an account and get their e-mail anywhere. This also works hand in hand with google docs. Google also has a reader program where you can choose to keep up with whatever news you want. Anything from daily news to college football. Another great thing is the google calender. I like this because you can set up your calender to e-mail you when something is going on. I could set up a public calendar for assignments and students and their parents would have access to that from anywhere. Again, the best part is it is accessible everywhere you are. Google has so much to offer and it is growing everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment