My Teaching Philosophy

About Me

My name is Allie Wilson. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a concentration in history. I am excited to graduate and move forward because I love history and I can't wait to teach it to children one day. I want to make learning fun for children and I want their environment in the classroom to be positive. I am looking forward to getting into the classroom and helping students succeed!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Projects/assignments

As a teacher I want to incorporate projects into my teaching. As a history teacher, projects can be fun. I know I always did posters or papers or other group projects. But in my classroom I think that role playing and other activities would be so much fun for students. There is so much history to be taught and there is so much students should learn. History can be boring but I want to make it fun. With projects I think history could be enjoyed by my students. All students learn differently and projects will make that easier. Projects alone let students be creative. Group projects allow students to work together and learn to work as a group. This also allows for students on different levels to participate and enjoy the project too. History is a great subject and students in my classes hopefully will feel the same way. Even small projects can have a huge influence on students. Interactive assignments are always changing and are a fun way for students to get the information. The internet allows for the interactive projects to be accessible at home so students can even relearn what we did in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment