My Teaching Philosophy

About Me

My name is Allie Wilson. I am a student at the University of South Alabama, majoring in secondary education with a concentration in history. I am excited to graduate and move forward because I love history and I can't wait to teach it to children one day. I want to make learning fun for children and I want their environment in the classroom to be positive. I am looking forward to getting into the classroom and helping students succeed!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Technology

As a teacher I think technology will play a huge part in teaching. As a secondary major I know that not only will most of my teaching involve technology but things students do as well will involve technology. There is so much technology out there that I want to make sure that students are exposed to everything. As a history major, I know there is so much out there to teach and these days technology makes that easy. Things from google to podcasts to simple word documents can all be useful in the classroom. As a history teacher, news will be important too. Using technology will be important in helping students to learn today's news. Technology is important in our lifestyle today and I will incorporate that into my teaching. The SMART boards allow even more technology to be used in the classroom. There is so much out there for teachers to use and it would be shame to just lecture to students. They enjoy technology and using it for educational purposes is a winner with both the teacher and the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment